Charleston Culinary Tours is set to host the third dinner in the Fresh at the Farm Dinner Series on Sunday, November 2nd at Celestial Hills Farm in Huger, SC.
So you read the title and now you feel like you should know who The Dan Band is. Or probably, why do you know who The Dan Band is? Well, if you're a fan of THE HANGOVER or OLD SCHOOL then you definitely know why! The band made their television debut on OLD SCHOOL with "Total Eclipse of The Heart" - a very foul-mouthed, hilarious, "what-did-he-just-say" version of the song.
The band is known to take classic women sung songs and turn them into an amazing rendition you want to hear all of the time. In fact, if you're like most guys after watching these movies, you wanted them to play at your wedding. Well guess what? YOU CAN! I'm not saying you can afford them or they'll be available, but you can contact them and see if they'll perform at your wedding too.
So when will they be in Charlotte? Mark your calendars for NOVEMBER 7th at The Fillmore in the NC Music Factory. They are well-known to have sold-out shows after being featured on Comedy Central and appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Late Late Show, Last Call with Carson Daly, Ellen, Spike TV's Guy Choice Awards and The Tonight Show! So be sure to book your tickets ASAP.
Don't know who they are? Check out their site for hilarious videos and more information about The Dan Band.
This Thursday from 7-9pm at The Shu in Southend will be "the Fall Refresh"; a Charity Event and Fashion Show donating the proceeds to Bark All About It. Bark All About It is a consignment store with their core focus on animal rescue and well being. Local treats will be provided by Draught Charlotte and Queen City Pastry. Feel free to bring your gently used clothes to donate to Bark All About It and clean out those closets! Refreshments will be provided as well.
At 8pm, Vestique Boutique will host a fashion show, highlighting the trends of this season.
Mirror Bomb Studio
Bark All About It
Queen City Pastry
Come out, support a good cause, and sample local Charlotte businesses!
To Purchase tickets, visit here:
As a New Yorker, I appreciate a good dozen of wings while watching football. There's nothing like the smell of buffalo wing sauce and a cold beer while watching your favorite team dominate the opponent. When I first moved here, I was worried I wouldn't have the same atmosphere down South. Immediately, I was proven wrong. For all of the newbies in Charlotte, here's a list we've compiled of the best wings in Charlotte:
Mac's Speed Shop-Southend
If you're looking for size and flavor, head over to Southend and order the wings at Mac's Speed Shop. The wings are different than the usual fryer simply because they are smoked and then grilled...rather than fried. Not only is the smoky flavor prevalent, but the sauces seem to absorb better!
The Roasting Co.-South Park
If you're looking for tasty and inexpensive, you have found your mecca. The Roasting Co. offers a large array of all delicious things chicken. If you're all about the spice, try the Nuclear or Evil sauces for a little extra kick. There's also a giant assortment of beer, so your palette can sing.
DD Peckers Wing Shack-Ballantyne
DD Peckers Wing Shack makes traveling to Ballantyne worth the highway hassle. For the indecisive type, you can order a 5-flavor sample. Don’t be deterred by the dive bar exterior. I recommend trying the Honey Hot or Hot Gold wings that are my sticky sweet favorites of the bunch.
The Carolina Panthers have a great season ahead of them and us Charlotteans are dying to watch every last second of their games. We have some amazing home field games to attend this year but what about those away games? Charlotte has you covered with these top 5 places to watch the game offering game day menus, drink specials and PLENTY of televisions. GO PANTHERS!
1) Draught Charlotte - Charlotte's newest Panther's location sits directly behind the stadium on Cedar St. For those of you who have been in Charlotte for more than a year know that this is the original location of Hartigan's and the party is just as wild during the games. Draught is the official location for Cans Recycled so expect Kiss 95.1 to pump out the tunes, large outdoor televisions on the patio, plenty of pounders to drink and of course some amazing game day food including nachos, pretzels and pub burgers - YUM!
2) The Doghouse - Positioned even closer to the stadium is the infamous Doghouse. The bar features a lawn decorated as a football field t play cornhole, a stage that always has the best music to jam out to and of course the large indoor and outdoor bar that gives you plenty of space to grab a nice cold one. The Doghouse has been open since 1997 and it's stronger than ever! They have plenty of TV's to cheer on the Panthers with old and new friends.
3) Brevard Court - To some of you this area is known as the "French Quarter" but this brilliant hidden gem is filled with some of the best bars in Charlotte and one of the best tailgates! While walking around the massive crowd that settles in Brevard court check out the 30 year old French Quarter restaurant, Courtyard Hooligans, and Valhalla. Watch the game in the adjacent parking lot with a massive blow up screen to cheers with your friends your Carolina Panthers.
4) All American Pub/Oak Room - Home of last years Cans Recycled these locations definitely did not need the help this year! During the day All American Pub is packed to the brim with hungry fans watching one of their several dozen flat screen TV's. Their menu is full of great game watch foods and their drink list is perfect for sharing a bucket or two. Once the sun goes down, Oak Room next door has great music and plenty of party space to celebrate a Panther win!
5) Tyber Creek Pub - South End has some fantastic bars to attend to watch the games but Tyber Creek has a great space to do it in style. Two stories with televisions everywhere (albeit older TV's), easy access bars, and a huge patio with games and plenty of seating. Tyber also features great drinks specials and incredible Irish style food that you will crave after being inside for a few minutes. Of course they have plenty of Guinness on tap too!
Our friends over at Sugar Creek Brewing Company have announced that they will be opening their doors this upcoming weekend, September 19th at 4pm, followed by a Grand Opening Celebration to be held on the weekend of Friday, October 10th and Saturday, October 11th.
The brewery is located in historic Southend, located at the old side of Olde Mecklenberg Brewery. Festivities during the Grand Opening Celebration will include fresh craft beer, live music, barbecue, outdoor games, and tours of the newly renovated facility.
“Belgian brewers make the world’s best beer because they are never afraid to challenge the status quo. They do this while always being sure to maintain the highest standards of quality. We hope to maintain the same level of commitment to excellence for Charlotte’s beer lovers.”-CEO Joe Vogelbacher
Prior to its Grand Opening, Sugar Creek will offer patrons a chance to preview its beer and taproom via a soft opening on September 19th at 4pm. The brewery will then be open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until October 10th. After the official Grand Opening, the brewery will follow normal operation hours.